The lead article today brings reminders of who the end time bad guys are. The story is about Israel attacking Syria and destroying Russian missiles that were on their way to Hezbollah.
Whenever the sabers start rattling in the Middle East people come out of the woodwork asking about or writing about the possibility of Armageddon being only days or months away.
Sit back and relax, Armageddon is at least 7 years from today, no sooner; could be much later but as of today, we have at least 7 years before the armies of the world have that fateful battle and Christ sets foot again on this earth. In fact, there are two battles mentioned in the Bible that come before Armageddon. The first one of those can happen at any time.
The major events from today till the battle of Armageddon.
- The Rapture of the Church (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18)
- The Battle of Psalm 83 (Note: The chronological order of these first two events is unclear. There is no prophecy that has to be fulfilled for the rapture of the church to happen. However, the battle of Psalm 83 a catalyst for bringing the Antichrist into power. It could be that the rapture comes, then the battle, then the tribulation period starts or the battle could come first, then sometime between the battle and the Antichrist coming to full power and the start of the tribulation period the church is raptured)
- The Signing of the Treaty That Starts The Seven Year Tribulation Period (Daniel 9:27)
- The Seven Year Tribulation Period (Revelation 4-19)
- Early in the Seven Year Tribulation is the Battle of Ezekiel 38-39.
- The End of the Tribulation Period, The Battle of Armageddon and the Physical Return of Jesus Christ (Revelation 19:11-21; Zachariah 14:4; Note: These three events happen at the same time)
The fact that Syria has Russian missiles destined for Hezbollah is a grim reminder that the battle of Psalm 83 may not be in the distant future. The people who will invade Israel in the Psalm 83 battler are: Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, the Palestinians and the terrorist groups headquartered in those areas or the areas occupied by these people.
In the battle of Ezekiel 38-39 the invaders are plainly listed in Ezekiel 38:1-6 (KJV Biblical names in parenthesis). Russia (Magog). Iran (Persia), Ethiopia, Libya, Eastern Europe (Gomer), and Turkey (Togarmah).
If you have followed events on that side of the world at all you can see that the alliances are forming, and some are already sealed. With Russia, from the second battle already assisting two of the groups from the first battle, well, you get the picture. Each day we are getting closer to the most horrible events in history and the return of Jesus Christ.
If you believe the Bible at all please consider these things. A person really does have to accept Christ as their Saviour of dismiss Him altogether. He said He wold return (John 14:1-6). His followers said He would come back. Here we are two thousand years later and He has not yet returned. But He will and the signs are falling into place.
Would you believe me if I told you I would come back to get you in a couple thousand years after I die? I hope you wouldn’t. So if He was telling the truth (which He was) then He really must be God as He and His follower claim. If He is God then all He said is true. There is a heaven, there is a hell, life does not end here but after death it will continue – somewhere – either in heaven or hell.
Where will you be ten seconds after you die? Where will you be ten thousand years after you die? Christ took your place on the cross. He became sin for you so He could cleanse you in His blood and save you from an eternity in hell.
He wants you to put your faith in Him for your salvation. Saving faith is not just an acknowledging of the facts. The devils believe in God (James 2:19). It is trusting His Word and only in what He did on the cross as the payment for your sins. Good works won’t cut. Honestly the local restaurant won’t let you wash dishes to pay for your meal and God won’t take your works as payment for your sins. The only currency God will take is the blood of His Son.
Put your faith in Him before the events above begin to unfold.
Today’s Prophecy News: